In-plant logistics covers movements within the manufacturing plant of raw materials, components and sub-assemblies - either to or from stocking points or line-sides, for turning into finished goods, as well as bringing finished products out to the factory gate. DHL can support your team, or even be your team, by handling such tasks as labor management, yard management, railcar switching, and cleaning, among others.
- Design and layout of production facilities for optimum materials flow
- Design and implementation of storage and handling systems
- Design and commissioning of IT/visibility systems
- Storage and distribution
- Line-side feeding
- Yard management
- Container management
- Returnable asset management (e.g. tote bins)
- Sample packing and shipping
- Transportation scheduling and dispatch
- Introduction of best-in-class logistics processes and procedures into the factory environment.