SmartPOD (Proof of Delivery) app
DHL has launched the SmartPOD app, which gives DHL drivers and third party hauliers a simple and effective way of capturing real time information, using a smartphone. The app is easy to use and integrates with many popular transport management systems.
Industry ChallengesWith drivers on the road Monday to Friday, a manual process to confirm completion, delays or cancellations of deliveries can take up to two weeks, resulting in delayed cash-flows and supply shortages. Manual systems also lack real time visibility.
The Smart SolutionThe SmartPOD app provides tracking information and proof of delivery, giving improved visibility of goods movement, leading to a reduction in overheads and faster payment cycles.
To contact our SmartPOD app experts, complete the form below.
Other benefits include:
- Consistent visibility of own fleet and subcontracted transport
- The ability to proactively identify and deal with unforeseen issues due to real time visibility
- Reducing transport management and administrative tasks by 50%
- Scalable and flexible - easy to deploy to additional drivers and to accommodate peak periods
- Time savings of ~20% at collection & delivery points
- Accurate carbon reporting
The app was developed in conjunction with Microlise, a transport management solution provider. The SmartPOD app can be downloaded from Google Play and is currently available on the Android platform for Smartphones.