UK PROCUREMENT GRADUATE PROGRAM
Program Starts: September 2022
Applications Open: 15th November 2021
CLOSING ON THE 4th FEBRUARY 2022
Salary: £27,000 per annum + competitive benefits package
Location: UK Nationwide
The Experience Day for this program will take place in March 2022.
Procurement is the act of obtaining something for business purposes and can cover a whole range of areas including assets, supplies, skills and services for the business to continue its smooth operation. Our aim at DHL is it to work collaboratively on new procurement strategies with customers and suppliers - to develop initiatives which deliver quality and value!
Our Procurement graduates will rotate for 2x 12 month placements, gaining exposure in both Buying and Contracting. This will ensure you have an all rounded experience of Procurement in our business, and support you in making some decisions about the direction you would like to take your career in the future. The ultimate end goal of the program is developing into a Buyer or Contracting Manager.
Most of the learning occurs on the job, when graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility. This is supported by our structured graduate management training program, where you will have the opportunity to meet and work with graduates from all of our program streams, developing your management skills and later on in the program work on a real life business project with exposure to a completely different area of the business. We will also support you in obtaining your CIPS professional qualification.
Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, be inquisitive, ask questions and make changes. You will actively get involved in different teams and given the change to achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business, customers and the environment.
What the Program looks like:
- 24 month program
- 2 x 12 month placements
- Gain experience in both Contracting and Buying
- Structured roles with early responsibility and fast progression
- A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Support to complete the CIPS qualification
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- Placements will be based in Normanton, Chester or Northampton, and you will also be required to undertake some travel across other sites
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the Buying/Contracting industry in the UK market
- Flexible in approach to work with different people across multiple locations
- Must be fluent in English
- Good sense of business acumen and commercial awareness
- Be inquisitive and want to learn
- Analytical skills are highly advantageous for this role
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Excellent presentation skills, with proficiency in IT & Excel
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments with a passion for working with people and being a team player
- Happy to be based in Normanton and/or Chester and/or Northampton, and undertake some travel in role
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence at the start of the program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the program
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.