DHL WORK PLACEMENT PROGRAM
*** Applications for our 2020 Work Placement Intake have now closed. Applications for our 2021 Work Placement Intake will be opening on 1st November 2020. ***
Program Starts: September 2020
Applications: Open 30th September 2019
Salary: £18,000 per annum + competitive benefits package
Location: UK Nationwide
Experience Days will take place on 18th and 19th of February 2020 – please ensure you are able to attend these dates before submitting your application. You will be required to only attend one.
Our Work Placement Program is an exciting opportunity for undergraduates looking to complete a year in industry before the final year of their university degree.
Our students experience a range of structured placements across a variety of DHL customer contracts and locations within the UK, which might include working with customers in our consumer & life sciences, retail, automotive, supply chain solutions and transport engineering, energy & chemicals sectors.
Most of the learning occurs on the job, when students are often faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility. All of our placements are hands-on roles which will develop work-related skills and offer huge potential for personal growth!
Our Work Placement Students are offered the opportunity to join a DHL Graduate Program once they have completed their degree.
What the placement looks like:
- 12 month structured Program
- Based in a warehouse / transport department / functional operational roles - learning about different areas of the operation
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- Applicants must be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree, with anticipated graduation date of summer 2022
- Must be on track to achieve 2:2 or above in any discipline
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the placement
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the placement
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- A “Can Do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include 25 days holiday and retail discounts.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills. Upon successful completion of the DHL Work Placement we will offer you a place on a DHL Graduate Program.
We want our Work Placement employees to build their careers with us and contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What to do next?
We will be opening applications for our Work Placement Program on the 30th September 2019.
For any other questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org