ENGINEERING & MANUFACTURING
Your Global Engineering & Manufacturing Logistics Partner
We at DHL know the challenges faced in the Engineering and Manufacturing industry, but with our expert knowledge we understand major emerging trends and how your supply chain will react to them.
What DHL can offer you?
- Global coverage and with consistent high quality service. Accompanied with our expertise of manufacturing’s shift to new developing markets in Asia and the Middle East
- Solutions and innovation. Remain a step ahead of your competitors with our knowledge of global business cycles, their impacts on your supply chain and counter resulting costs
- Flexibility and reactivity in your supply chain, to meet increased revenue streams from aftermarket operations
- Operational excellence and a zero defect culture, enabling you to improve production effectiveness
- Specialised solutions for the industry
What We Do For the Engineering & Manufacturing Sector
Our offer transportation of your cargo predominately via air mode. Working with carefully selected carriers, we operate with schedules on all the world’s major routes so you can plan with certainty and become more efficient. We offer a range of highly flexible products which allow a choice of delivery speeds to best suit your requirements.
Our offer transportation of your cargo predominately via ocean mode. With our broad product range we cover different equipment types and consolidation services to ensure your cargo reaches the right place, at the right time in a cost-efficient way. In order to deliver highest reliability we have planned space protection from every major container port in the world.
DHL International Supply Chain (ISC) - Origin Freight Consolidation & Destination Freight Management Services
Linking the origin supply chain with the destination market requirements, we provide increased cost effectiveness and efficiency with complete visibility and control through a single point of contact. The solution includes origin, freight and destination management services provided across all modes.
- One single point of contact through a dedicated account management and development resource
- Supply chain design, implementation and management
- Operates over 300,000 square meters of warehouse in key sourcing origins (e.g. Asia locations) providing consolidation, value add and regional hub services
- Services linked through powerful IT visibility systems (GT Nexus Platform), providing purchase order, supplier, carrier and destination management with full reporting
- Supply chain service level agreement and key performance indicators
Safe, compliant and reliable management of project logistics for oversized cargo and heavy lifts.
The solution includes global multi-supplier projects, from pick-up to consolidation and delivery, to fabrication facilities and final project jobsites.
It also includes feasibility studies, route surveys, load supervision and end-to-end logistics visibility.
- Comprehensive service from one single source with punctual delivery and industry expertise
- Highly trained specialist teams providing integrated turn-key forwarding services including:
- Project logistics, oversized cargo and heavy lifts
- Project freight management and project surveys
- Design and transport engineering
- Material management and IT
- Accurate handling of heavy lifts, out-of-gauge cargo, time-critical and high-value material
- Full transparency via tracking and tracing system