Service announcements will keep you up to date about our service enhancements and events that may affect our services.
GERMANY: The German Government has decided on 7 April 2020 to abolish quarantine in the areas of Neustadt am Rennsteig (98701), 06928 (Schweinitz), 06917 (Schweinitz), 06917 (Jessen). From that date, shipments can be picked up and delivered in these areas again. We recommend that you are in close contact with your business partner in Germany to verify that your shipment can be picked up or delivered smoothly.
AUSTRIA: Due to the quarantine, the collection and delivery of parcels in areas 6450, 6452, 6456, 6561, 6580 cannot be carried out until further notice. Since that date, shipments in areas 6154, 6553, 6555, 6562, 6563, 6762, 6763, 6764, 6767, 6888, 9844 can be picked up and delivered again. We recommend that you are in close contact with your business partner in Austria to see if your shipment can be picked up or delivered without any problems.
SPAIN: Since 7 April 2020, the Spanish Government has decided to abolish quarantine in areas 08700, 08711, 08710, 08788. Since that date, shipments can again be picked up and delivered in those areas. We recommend that you are in close contact with your business partner in Spain to see if your shipment can be picked up or delivered without any problems.
CZECH REPUBLIC: Due to the annulment of the emergency measure of the Regional Hygiene Station of the Vysočina Region, the collection and delivery of consignments to the areas of Litovel, Uničov and Červenka is again permitted from 1.4.2020.
IRELAND: As of March 31, 2020, the Irish government decided to suspend all dispensable production. Transport and logistics services are excluded from this regulation. DHL Freight services are not currently restricted. We recommend that you are in close contact with your business partner to see if your shipment can be picked up or delivered without problems. If you have any questions, please contact our DHL Freight Customer Center (239 018 222; DHLFreight.email@example.com) for shipping options and the current status of your shipment to / from the Ireland.
PORTUGAL: Due to quarantine restrictions measures no pick-ups and deliveries will be in place until 4 April for the following postal code in Portugal: 3880 and 3885 (all in Ovar).
CROATIA: Due to quarantine restrictions measures, no pick-ups and deliveries will be in place for the following postal codes: 22242, 22243, 22244, 22245 (all - the island of Murter)
UNITED KINGDOM: As of March 23, 2020, the British government decided to suspend all dispensable production. Transport and logistics services are excluded from this regulation. DHL Freight services are not currently restricted. We recommend that you are in close contact with your UK business partner to see if your shipment can be picked up or delivered without problems. If you have any questions, please contact our DHL Freight Customer Center (239 018 222; DHLFreight.firstname.lastname@example.org) for shipping options and the current status of your shipment to / from the UK.
ITALY: The Italian Government decided to suspend all dispensable production until 3 April 2020. Only productions supplying supermarkets and pharmacies will continue to operate, as will banks and post offices. This implies the following transport restrictions for shipments to / from Italy:
- a reduction in the frequency of departures of regular lines on the basis of expected volumes decreases
- new orders will not be executed until further notice unless confirmed by the customer in writing that unloading / loading of the shipment is secured and guaranteed
- for already ordered and / or loaded shipments, we ask customers to be in close contact with their Italian business partner as well as with our DHL Freight Customer Center (239 018 222; DHLFreight.email@example.com) for shipping information and the current status of your shipment to / from Italy
- the pick-up and delivery of shipments for the Bergamo area (postcode 24xxx) is suspended until further notice. The reason is the closure of most companies in the area and thus the inability to provide services in the required scope and quality.
- due to quarantine, the collection and delivery of shipments in areas 64030 Montefino, 64031 Arsita, 64033 Bisenti, 64034 Castiglione Messer Raimondo, 64035 Castilenti, 65010 Elice cannot be carried out until further notice; part of area 40059 - namely the Medicina and Ganzanigo sites.
Before shipping your goods, we ask that you verify with your customers that they are able to take over the shipments without any restrictions. Otherwise, please do not hand over the goods to us for transportation.
To minimize the risks associated with the spread of Koronavir, we would like to ask you to temporarily not use the services listed below for our DHL Freight Euroconect Domestic product. The reason is the necessity to limit the personal contact of our drivers with the recipients.
- do not send shipments with cash on delivery
- do not ship consignments requiring cash collection
- do not send shipments with the required service "Delivery to the Floor"
- do not send shipments with the required service "Old equipment removal"
By eliminating the use of these services, you will help to reduce the risk of spreading viral infection in the company and reduce the risk of infection for all persons involved in the distribution of your shipments. Last but not least, you will also contribute to maintaining a functioning supply system at this difficult time.
Personal delivery and personal collection of consignments at all DHL Freight CZ workplaces are suspended until further notice.
Due to the emergency measure of the Regional Hygiene Station of the Olomouc Region and the Regional Hygiene Station of the Vysočina Region with effect from 16.3.2020 03:00, collection and delivery of consignments to the following areas and municipalities is stopped:
If you have any questions, please contact DHL Freight CZ Customer Service by calling 239 018 222 or by emailing DHLFreight.CZ@dhl.com
Please suspend the delivery and planning of the transport of consignments intended for currently closed premises. Storage of these consignments in our premises cannot be ensured in terms of capacity for the whole period of validity of the government regulation.
Goods that we have already taken over to our network but will not be delivered to the consignee or will not be taken over, can be stored only for the necessary time and sent back to the sender upon agreement.
Unrealized delivery to premises that are closed and the subsequent return of goods will increase shipping costs.
Please be in close contact with your consignees and adapt the shipping requirements to the current situation.
16.3.2020: Coronavirus - up-to-date information, restrictions and precautions
With a view to minimizing the risks associated with the spread of Koronavir, with effect from 16 March 2020 a personal collection and dispatch of consignments at all DHL terminals and depots are not possible.
Operation of DHL Freight CZ s.r.o. is not restricted by the declaration of an emergency and we continue to provide shipments in full with NO restrictions.
12.3.2020 Emergency situation in the Czech Republic from 12 March 2020 from 2 pm.
- The government has declared an emergency situation for the territory of the Czech Republic due to a health threat in connection with the presence of coronavirus called SARS CoV-2.
- Prohibiting theatrical, musical, film and other artistic performances, sports, cultural, religious, federal, dance, traditional and similar events and other gatherings, exhibitions, festivals, fairs, shows, tastings, markets and fairs, educational events, both public and private, with participation of more than 30 people at the same time, until further notice.
- The government has banned foreigners from high-risk countries due to coronavirus infection: Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, Denmark, France, China, South Korea, Iran. At the same time, Czech citizens are not allowed to travel to these countries.
DHL Freight CZ service information
- Operation of DHL Freight CZ s.r.o. is not restricted by the declaration of an emergency and we continue to provide shipments to / from the risk countries listed in full with NO restrictions. The Government Regulation on Restricted Travel only concerns the private sector. Truck transport continues to operate without restrictions. However, it is necessary to count on the prolongation of transit times due to delays at border crossing points.
- ITALY - Delivery restrictions within 11 selected Italian cities have been lifted. Delivery is unlimited in all regions.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES - CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
Being aware of the importance of safe shipment, we are introducing a variety of preventive measures to protect the health of both our workers and our customers.
The following measures have been introduced
- Our drivers are equipped with drapes and protective gloves.
- At all workplaces we pay attention to increased hygiene in the form of antibacterial agents and educational wall notifications. Employees were informed about ways to minimize the risk of infection. We have also increased the frequency of workplace cleaning.
- We actively communicate not only with our employees, but also with our drivers and carriers and other partners. All drivers are trained to protect themselves when delivering consignments while respecting our customers' precautions.
- We are working on the preparation of possible scenarios in the event of a worsening of the situation in order to be fully prepared.
- We follow all recommendations from government agencies and the parent company of Deutsche Post DHL Group.
If you have any questions, please contact DHL Freight CZ Customer Service by
calling 239 018 222 or
via email DHLFreight.CZ@dhl.com.