AUDI VOLKSWAGEN MIDDLE EAST ANNOUNCES COLLABORATION WITH DHL IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Press Release: United Arab Emirates, Dubai; January 25, 2023
- Audi Volkswagen Middle East selected DHL as its exclusive partner for car part warehousing.
- A new Parts Distribution Center starts operations in Dubai, improving speed and service quality for customers in the Middle East.
Audi Volkswagen Middle East (AVME) announces DHL Global Forwarding as its new warehousing partner for the entire spare parts supply chain in the Middle East, for the Volkswagen and Audi brands. Danzas AEI Emirates LLC, the joint venture between DHL Global Forwarding and Al Tayer Group, will support with operations and management.
The collaboration has resulted in the establishment of a new AVME Parts Distribution Centre at Dubai World Central. It serves as a dedicated warehouse for eight markets in the region, providing Volkswagen and Audi customers with more flexibility and shorter turnaround times. The Parts Distribution center will serve UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, and Lebanon.
“A strong and fast supply chain is a key element of the automotive business. It allows our dealer network to ensure the best aftersales service to our customers. With a strong increase of new car sales in 2022 in the region, it was necessary to upscale our parts distribution process to keep improving our service delivery to customers. This collaboration will definitely support the growth of Volkswagen and Audi in the Middle East,” comments Benoit Tiers, CEO of Audi Volkswagen Middle East.
Amadou Diallo, CEO of DHL Global Forwarding Middle East & Africa added: “We are very proud to announce our collaboration with Audi Volkswagen Middle East and look forward to combining our strengths to benefit the service delivery to customers. As the world’s leading logistics company, we combine our proven track record in providing the best logistics solutions with exceptional leadership qualities that a fast -paced industry like ours requires to maintain our strong position in the market. An example of this is our recent progress towards a sustainable future.”
The new Center is part of the region’s first-ever Electric Vehicle and battery logistics hub known as the DHL EV Center of Excellence. This was built by DHL Global Forwarding and developed in close cooperation with the team EV of DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation.
“The new Center is very valuable to us, and ensures that our logistics departments is future ready. It is the first warehouse in the region with battery storage, ensuring that our brands are well-prepared for a sustainable future, shaped by electric batteries,” says Stephen Samples, Group After Sales Business & Homologation Director at Audi Volkswagen Middle East.
The new AVME Parts Distribution Center is a eco-friendly facility, using completely solar-generated power and includes the following facilities:
- 6,800 m² dedicated area located inside the Dubai World Central Logistics Area
- Closed chambers and operational area of 23,478 m² and 5,000 m² interlocked open yard storage
- 24 loading doors for large, and small trucks
- 15 meter high ceiling, Max storage height 13 meters
- Multi user facility, chambers for industry verticals
- One roof solution for General, Dangerous Goods
- Convenient access to DWC Airport and Jebel Ali Port
- Certificates - ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015