LIFE SCIENCES & HEALTHCARE
Your Global Life Sciences & Healthcare Logistics Partner
DHL offers reliable and compliant end to end supply chain solutions to the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry, improving your productivity, increasing efficiency and reducing cost. We are committed to drive value within all of our customers' supply chains.
What DHL can offer you:
- Global Infrastructure and Networks. Over 150 Life Sciences and Healthcare facilities across 25 countries and a worldwide network of 45 Life Sciences Competence Centers
- Reliability. Seamless end-to-end transport of temperature sensitive products across countries and modes
- Innovation and Simplicity. Investment and development of real-time temperature monitoring and the latest Life Sciences and Healthcare specific solutions
- Expertise. In-depth knowledge in ColdChain and Clinical Trials business and a worldwide network of over 4,000 dedicated and trained experts
What We Do For the Life Sciences & Healthcare Sector
Offering 24/7/365 proactive shipment monitoring and intervention, this service delivers regulatory compliance with high visibility of the customer’s product movement throughout the supply chain.
Meeting global standards for temperature-controlled life sciences air freight shipments, the service is supported by our global Good Distribution Practice (GDP) compliant network of certified life sciences stations.
Adhering to regulatory compliant customer procedures, this service is managed through the industry-dedicated IT system ‘LifeTrack’.
- A single global network of certified life sciences stations managed by and compliant to DGF’s GDP guidelines
- 24/7/365 proactive shipment monitoring and intervention
- Single Quality Management System with DGF GDP guidelines embedded into the processes
- Over 4,500 trained and certified life sciences specialists
- End-to-end SOP driven process, delivering the highest quality standards
- Shipment visibility and monitoring supported by in-transit temperature data and monitoring RFID
- Import/export customs brokerage provided
Designed for temperature-controlled ocean freight life science shipments that require real-time visibility and active monitoring.
- Expert Network – staff trained on Good Distribution Practice (GDP) regulations with periodic refresh and audits
- Quality and Compliance – through quality management system and GDP guidelines
- Cold Chain Design and Implementation – customized lane level SOP management with exception management
- IT Platform ‘LifeTrack’ – specifically designed for the Life Science industry
- Visibility and Monitoring – end-to-end and in real time, 24/7/365 temperature, humidity, shock and light monitoring using Container Security Devices
This premium management service caters for temperature-sensitive goods in pre-launch, launch and distribution stages. It provides post-shipment diagnostics, FMEA and auditing, cold chain optimization and data analysis services on all modes of transportation via the DHL and non-DHL network.
- Includes all DHL Air Thermonet features along with customized premium features that can also be applied to Ocean and Road
- Non-DHL network entities incorporated into the process
- GDP compliant SOP design, implementation and change management
- Intuitive 25+ touch point visibility via Life Track
- Equipment cycle management, special ground handling arrangement, risk evaluation and a mitigation index
- Cold chain dashboard, analytics and optimization consulting services
- Highly trained Customer support through regulatory body audits with quality experts in compliance with GDP
Transform your supply chain with help from DHL as your Lead Logistics Partner, leveraging our expertise in the following areas:
- Design – Ensure that your transport and supply chain processes flow as efficiently as possible with DHL’s expert knowledge and innovative analysis tools
- Management Services – Source logistics providers, manage suppliers and handle your customer touch points with our management offering, which also provides for freight bill, audit and customs services
- Operations – Gain visibility, synchronize transport and minimize daily operational risks with our unique Control Tower offering
- Continuous Improvement – Drive end-to-end visibility with our “Total Logistics Cost Management” approach, which helps you minimize costs with an ongoing analysis of changing market requirements, volumes volatility and evolving supply chain management trends
Take your business to the next level of success using DHL’s strategic logistics specialists to optimize your supply chain model and its performance. You will increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, lessen environmental impacts and improve profitability by leveraging our deep knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Network flow and supply chain process analysis
- Re-engineering and developing optimized supply chains
- Supply chain health checks and benchmarking
- Strategic network design
- Supply chain strategy, set-up and governance
- Lean transformation
- Greener supply chains