PAY CUSTOMS DUTIES AND TAXES IN ADVANCE WITH DHL EXPRESS ADVANCED DUTY COLLECTION PORTAL
Press Release: Manila, Philippines, March 25, 2022
- DHL Express customers in the Philippines can now pay all customs clearance duties before shipments are delivered via a dedicated advanced online payment portal
- Consignees / Receivers may get alerts on incoming shipments, obtain a detailed breakdown of import costs, and better manage the cargo receiving process on the new portal
- Customers need to include a valid mobile number or email address in the contact details to receive notifications
DHL Express, the world's leading international express service provider, has launched an Advanced Duty Collection tool, a dedicated online payment portal which enables customers to pay all customs clearance-related charges before their shipments arrive. As a result, customers will benefit from a faster and more efficient delivery process.
Before the product is delivered, the platform will automatically notify clients through SMS or email of any required customs duties. These charges may be paid directly online with a credit card, debit card, or Gcash account. When the payment is completed, the customer is offered the option of selecting their preferred mode of delivery.
"We anticipate increasing demand for import services as cross-border e-commerce expands. The Advanced Duty Collection service is one of our initiatives to make the delivery process more efficient and convenient for our customers,” DHL Express Philippines Country Manager Nigel Lockett remarked. “This is part of our commitment to delivering service excellence to customers."
The portal is also available on mobile or desktop, enabling customers to arrange their shipments at any time and from any location. Through the portal, customers may also download all required paperwork related to their shipment, including the Duty and VAT tax invoice, allowing easy reading and understanding of the relevant charges.
Shipments with a value that does not exceed the de minimis value of P10,000.00 and do not include prohibited or restricted products are free from applicable taxes and charges. To make the importation procedure easier, customers can go to the Customs Department's website at https://customs.gov.ph/ for information on prohibited and restricted items, importation, and required documents.
Interested customers can use the DHL Express payment portal by following the three easy steps:
- Customers will receive an SMS or email payment alert from DHL that contains a unique shipment identification number and a unique link to the dedicated and secure online payment portal.
- Log in to the portal with unique shipment identification or airwaybill number to check shipment details and pay the import duties or taxes levied by customs using credit, debit cards, or GCash.
- Once done, an email confirmation with a link to the shipment's expected release and delivery date will be sent.
In case customers are unable to complete an online payment before delivery, DHL Express couriers will still be able to assist in accepting payments. To learn more about import shipping with DHL, visit this link https://www.simplydhl.com/importwithDHL.