ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SERVICES
General Terms and Conditions
This section provides you with key information and know-how regarding our shipping services and solutions. It can get you up and running in no time to be able to use our service every day!
To download the documents please click on the links (most download documents available in Chinese only).
Arranging Pick Up and Drop Off
For mainland customers, please login in to our to submit a pick up request.
Please submit your pick up request before 3pm every day, or pick up will be delayed to next working day (no pick up on Sundays).
For Hong Kong customers, please send your pick up request via email
Please submit your pick up request before 5pm for pick up on the next working day.
For Shenzhen drop off - please send shipments to:
DHL eCommerce Solutions (Shenzhen) Ltd.
Address: Building 4, Shengli Industrial park, Qinhu, Longhua new district, Shenzhen, PRC
Phone: +86 0755 22180200
Operating hours: Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm (except public holiday)
Prohibited & Restricted Goods
Did you know that nail polish, hair sprays and perfumes can be classified as dangerous goods and therefore are prohibited? If you are thinking of sending such commodities, please seek advice from us. If the goods are hidden, declared incorrectly, completely undeclared, packed or labelled incorrectly, health and safety is compromised and fines may apply.
Prohibited – Goods You Are Not Allowed to Send
- Animals (including insects, hatching eggs)
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Drugs and narcotics (illegal)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition (including replicas)
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Irreplaceable items
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Any item(s), the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or state of any federal, state or local government to or through which the shipment may be carried.
Restricted – Goods That Can Be Sent but With Restrictions
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g. beer, wine, spirits)
- Animal products, plant products and plants (e.g. animal skins, cotton, seeds, teas)
- Antiques or Fine Art or Works of Art
- Collectibles and/or rare items (any item worth more than its original purchase or that is not commonly available)
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foreign lotteries (including circulars)
- Fur(s)/ivory/endangered animal products
- Industrial diamonds/carbons
- Medical samples
- Milk powder
- Negotiable instruments in Non-bearer Form
- Perishable items (e.g. flowers, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling)
- Precious metals and stones (including jewelry)
- Publications (certain types may be restricted by law)
- Soil, earth
- Watches, costume jewelry
- Any aerosols, including: hair spray and deodorants
- Air bag inflators and modules or seat-belt pretensioners
- Alcoholic beverages containing > 24% alcohol by volume
- Batteries classified as dangerous such as wet spillable/non spillable lead-acid/alkaline batteries
- Batteries/cells including: lithium-ion/polymer/metal – alone and in or with electronic devices
- Carbon dioxide, solid (Dry Ice)
- Corrosives such as: acids, corrosive paint and dyes, rust removers
- Environmental waste including: used engine oil and used or damaged batteries
- Explosives or ammunition such as: fireworks, flares and sparklers
- Flammable liquids such as: acetone, lighter fluid, solvent based paints
- Flammable solids including: magnesium and potassium
- Gases including: flammable, non flammable, compressed and toxic gases such as fire extinguishers and scuba tanks
- Infectious and/or biological substances expected to contain pathogens or other agents such as: bacteria, viruses, parasites, prions
- Matches, lighters or lighter refills including: cigarette lighters containing petrol and butane lighters
- Oxidizing materials or organic peroxides such as disinfectants and hair dyes
- Pesticides, toxic herbicides and insecticides or poisons toxic substances
Optimize your shipping program with these invaluable services.
To further enhance our international shipping products, DHL eCommerce Solutions provides a selection of premium services at cost-effective prices. When you take advantage of these additional offerings, you draw on resources including our advanced technology, one of the world’s largest delivery networks and international logistics expertise. With these optional services, our full suite of products and our online shipping tools, we provide unmatched shipping solutions that deliver success worldwide.
Cash on Delivery (COD) is available as a value-added service of the DHL Parcel International Direct product, specifically for sellers based in China and Australia delivering to consumers in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. Collected cash will be remitted to a local bank account at destination (Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam) or in the billing country (China or Australia) based on the local destination currency. Remittance will be made to sellers within 3 days and tracking visibility of the status of COD is available on the Customer Web Portal.
All of our Business Customers receive individual log-in data for our customer portals. Kindly use this data to login to see detailed information and a complete overview of your shipments.
DHL eCommerce Solutions Shipment Value Protection provides peace of mind to you and your customer, with coverage of up to EUR200 per parcel per shipment, making it easy to protect yourself against loss or damage to goods while they are in transit. Please refer to the SVP guide for more information.
- DHL Packet Plus International:
Declared value or max. EUR100 per shipment, whichever is lower
- DHL Parcel International Direct:
Declared value or max. EUR200 per shipment, whichever is lower
Liability coverage starts when DHL is in control or possession at our terminal to end delivery at destination.
Available for all destinations from our Terminals in Greater China.
- DHL Packet Plus International: