The Reliability You Demand, The Flexibility You Need
Full-container-loads provided by DHL ensure a reliable, safe and cost-efficient transportation from door to door globally. By using various equipment types we offer tailored solutions for all kinds of commodities.
DHL Ocean Direct FCLFull-Container-Load
DHL Ocean Direct FCL uses Full-Container-Loads to provide reliable, flexible and cost efficient transportation globally. Offering tailored alternatives for the movement of all kinds of commodities using various equipment types and capacities.
- Safe and cost-efficient door-to-door transportation for Full-Container-Loads
- Optional additional services to fit with your business needs
- Rigorous vendor selection and quality management process
- Capacity and space protection from and to all major ports globally
- Shipments covered by our own Bills of Lading – Danmar Lines
- A huge variety of pick-up and delivery options in any country
- Rigorous vender selection and quality management process
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- DHL Flexitanks for non-hazardous liquid transportation
- DHL Ocean Secure for GPS enabled tracking in real time
- Index Linked Container Contracts (ILCC) that align customer rates with market dynamics
- Dedicated customs experts throughout the DHL network
- All shipments and orders can be tracked 24/7 via the internet
- DHL Green Danmar option to select a more carbon efficient carrier that best fits customer operational needs
Import Demurrage Management:
Active management and monitoring of container equipment in Colombia including deposit, demurrage, drop off, damages, cleaning and others.
- Available for all FCL import shipments to Colombia (dry & reefer)
- Extended free time
- Dedicated DGF team to monitor and inform about container status to avoid delays
- Invoicing KPI: max 15 days after container return
- Centralized approach. DGF acts as single point of contact, no matter which carrier is used
- Simple standard rate covering all carriers
Ocean Transit Mode (OTM) bonded service:
Provides the opportunity to conduct customs clearance at any bonded warehouse or free zone in Colombia
- FCL: Container unstuffed and customs cleared at selected warehouse
- LCL: Cargo moved to selected warehouse and then customs cleared
- Available for any bonded warehouse or free zone in Colombia
- Transit time of 4–7 working days from port to BOG
- Extended time to do customs clearance
- Tracking and follow-up of cargo status through dedicated DGF expert team
- Security of cargo ensured through optional DGF services, i.e. GPS tracking, escort or special door seals
- Additional free days at port
DHL Ocean Container ManagementFCL Inland Services
By managing our Customer’s direct contracts with the shipping lines, DHL Ocean Container Management ensures an efficient execution of bookings and monitoring of orders. This can include the arrangement of pre and on-carriage by all means of transport, as well as customs clearance services.
- Shipment visibility from end-to-end
- Inland services for pre and on-carriage
- Import/export customs brokerage
- Temperature & humidity controlled
- Transportation of dangerous goods (at carriers discretion)
- Oversized cargo (containerized)
Specialist Full-Container-Load Service Options
DHL provides an advanced visibility solution down to the Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) level with our DHL International Supply Chain offering.
Providing the visibility you need.
- Online tool providing enhanced shipment visibility
- Data consolidation from multiple sources
- Intelligent forecasting of milestones
- Precise information: online platform that provides information from multiple sources with smart forecast and near-real time shipment status enabling you to take fast and proactive solutions
- Better user experience: simple to use tool with no staff training or IT setup required
- Reduces costs: ability to reduce costs improving end-to-end supply chain planning
DHL Ocean Secure uses container security devices that utilize mobile GSM networks to communicate and provide visibility on an online platform. It is a service element of DHL Ocean Direct FCL, providing visibility, security and flexibility to assure a reliable door-to-door shipment, improving transparency across trade lanes.
- In-transit visibility: Monitoring of mission critical parameters and notification of remote users in case of exception
- Container position: Tracking of whereabouts of the container during the trip through GSM and/or GPS
- Container condition: Monitoring of several parameters for the container: temperature, humidity, light
- Container integrity & security: Monitoring of container door opening with notification by e-mail, SMS or call
- Container security devices mounted to the container to monitor the location and condition of cargo
- Communication networks to transmit data from device/container to remote users via GSM
- Visibility platform to track shipments close to real time and manage situations
DHL Ocean Plus offers customers a user-friendly interface, comprehensive & timely PO shipment data and accessible reports.
- Manifest containers shipped quantities & packages down to PO & SKU level
- Automated reports
- Updates on estimated & actual milestones
- Option of Ocean Live feature providing vessel location updates every hour
- Intuitive quick search function
- Easy access to standard reports
- Reports can be exported and scheduled
- One single portal providing shipment details gathered from multiple sources (supplier, carrier, terminal…)
- Ability to drive cost saving though supply chain visibility
- Simple to use
Interested in keeping up with the latest global logistics news and insights? Stay ahead of the game with DHL Global Forwarding.