SEND IT GREEN WITH DHL
SEND IT GREEN is our climate-smart option where we offer our customers a fossil-free * transport alternative within our network. SEND IT GREEN means that we produce the corresponding transport work that your shipment generates with fossil-free technology * somewhere in our network. The cost is SEK 5 including VAT for one or more packages in the same shipment, or SEK 49 including VAT if you send one or more pallets in the same shipment up to 2500 kg. The income goes in full to compensate our hauliers for the additional cost when they invest in climate-smart vehicles and fuels.
The concept is simple. You as a customer buy SEND IT GREEN and DHL ensures that the investment comes to our Swedish carriers who can then invest in climate-smart technology and receive compensation for the additional cost. When you as a customer choose SEND IT GREEN, we will produce the corresponding tonne-kilometers that your shipment gives rise to with a more expensive climate-smart technology somewhere in our network.
SEND IT GREEN contributes to a faster adjustment of the transport system and that our carriers dare to take the risk that a more expensive climate-smart technology entails. As a customer, you can credit the reduction *.
For many years, we have had an ambitious agenda to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. We want to reduce our dependence of fossil fuels and to shift to a fossil free transportation (according to Fossilfritt Sverige). Already in 2008, DHL adopted a global environmental target to reduce CO2 emissions by 30 percent per tonne-kilometers by 2020. This was achieved in 2016, long before the appointed time.
Therefore, we have raised our ambitions and will reach -50 percent carbon emissions per tonne-kilometers by 2025. DHL Freight Sweden has almost achieved this and the goal now is to maintain this reduction.
SEND IT GREEN is produced in DHL's green vehicle fleet. To date, these vehicles have driven approx 32 000 000 km, corresponding to almost 800 laps around the earth. Or about 40 round trips to the moon.
In addition to our efforts to reduce our fossil carbon emissions, we have also since 2002 been able to offer our customers to join us in the sustainable shift for more climate-smart alternatives in the Swedish transport network. Together we have put more than 200 vehicles with clean and alternative technology on the market. Techniques we have invested in include for example biogas, ethanol, bioDME and electricity.
- Purchase of vehicles or fuel must be more expensive than a standard transport solution. The haulage company must be able to show their additional cost for the vehicle
- Vehicle must reduce fossil greenhouse gas emissions at least 70 percent **
- An agreement is concluded with the carrier
- Vehicles and fuel are monitored monthly
- Capacity coordination every month to ensure that we produce at least as many climate smart tonne-kilometers as the total sum of SKICKA GRÖNT ordered by our customers
- Annual audit report on the process of SKICKA GRÖNT from an independent party is published on website
* The reduction of carbon dioxide is reported in the emission report. The emission report is a service that can be ordered for anyone who has a customer number with us.
** Fossil free fuels according to Fossilfritt Sverige. Fuels used for SKICKA GRÖNT in 2020 are electricity, biogas and ethanol.