ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SERVICES
Our online repository of documents and data offers you a level of information that is unmatched in the marketplace. For Malaysia, whether you need to stay abreast of our domestic product or learn more about direct mail services, we make sure the answers are always at your fingertips.
General Terms & Conditions
Please find the DHL eCommerce Solutions General Terms and Conditions for Malaysia as PDF download below.
Prohibited, Restricted and Dangerous Goods
Did you know that nail polish, hair sprays and perfumes can be classified as dangerous goods and therefore are prohibited? If you are thinking of sending such commodities, please seek advice from us. If the goods are hidden, declared incorrectly, completely undeclared, packed or labelled incorrectly, health and safety is compromised and fines may apply.
PROHIBITED – GOODS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEND
- Animals (including insects, hatching eggs)
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Drugs and narcotics (illegal)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition (including replicas)
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Irreplaceable items
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Any item(s), the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or state of any federal, state or local government to or through which the shipment may be carried.
RESTRICTED – GOODS THAT CAN BE SENT BUT WITH RESTRICTIONS
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g. beer, wine, spirits)
- Animal products, plant products and plants (e.g. animal skins, cotton, seeds, teas)
- Antiques or Fine Art or Works of Art
- Collectibles and/or rare items (any item worth more than its original purchase or that is not commonly available)
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foreign lotteries (including circulars)
- Fur(s)/ivory/endangered animal products
- Industrial diamonds/carbons
- Medical samples
- Negotiable instruments in Non-bearer Form
- Perishable items (e.g. flowers, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling)
- Precious metals and stones (including jewellery)
- Publications (certain types may be restricted by law)
- Soil, earth
- Any aerosols, including: hair spray and deodorants
- Air bag inflators and modules or seat-belt pretensioners
- Alcoholic beverages containing >24% alcohol by volume
- Batteries classified as dangerous such as wet spillable/non spillable lead-acid/alkaline batteries
- Batteries/cells including: lithium-ion/polymer/metal – alone and in or with electronic devices
- Carbon dioxide, solid (Dry Ice)
- Corrosives such as: acids, corrosive paint and dyes, rust removers
- Environmental waste including: used engine oil and used or damaged batteries
- Explosives or ammunition such as: fireworks, flares and sparklers
- Flammable liquids such as: acetone, lighter fluid, solvent based paints
- Flammable solids including: magnesium and potassium
- Gases including: flammable, non flammable, compressed and toxic gases such as fire extinguishers and scuba tanks
- Infectious and/or biological substances expected to contain pathogens or other agents such as: bacteria, viruses, parasites, prions
- Matches, lighters or lighter refills including: cigarette lighters containing petrol and butane lighters
- Oxidizing materials or organic peroxides such as disinfectants and hair dyes
- Pesticides, toxic herbicides and insecticides or poisons toxic substances
Please refer to our General Terms and Conditions for details on the handling of undeliverable shipments.
Our Additional Services
Optimize your shipping program with these invaluable services.
To further enhance our domestic shipping products, DHL eCommerce Solutions provides a broad selection of premium services at cost-effective prices. When you take advantage of these additional offerings, you draw on resources including our advanced technology, one of the world’s largest delivery networks and international logistics expertise. With these optional services, our full suite of products and our online shipping tools, we provide unmatched shipping solutions that deliver success.
Using software that meets the Malaysia Postal Service’s standards, we can verify every address on your domestic shipments, correcting the ZIP Code if necessary.
In DHL eCommerce Solutions Malaysia, we provide a great value added service to increase the confidence of consumer buying from an online channel which is cash on delivery. Business merchants can now have a peace of mind that a reputable service provider are able to collect and remit the cash payments back to the business merchant in a quick manner.
Follow your parcels and bound printed matter from door to door with our Delivery Confirmation service. From the second they leave your hands to the moment they reach the final destination, you and your customers can stay informed about shipments throughout their journey—and you can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing they’ve arrived safely. You can easily post this information to your website to keep customers informed about their orders.
DHL eCommerce Solutions Shipment Value Protection provides peace of mind to you and your customer, with coverage of up to MYR200.00 per parcel, making it easy to protect yourself against loss or damage to goods while they are in transit. Additional insurance can be purchased to insure higher value items.