DHL Ocean Thermonet & DHL Ocean Reefer Logistics
DHL Ocean ThermonetTemperature Controlled Ocean Freight
Designed for temperature-controlled ocean freight life science shipments that require real-time visibility and active monitoring.
- Expert Network - staff trained on Goods Distribution Practice (GDP) regulations with periodic refresh and audits
- Quality and Compliance – through quality management system and GDP guidelines
- Cold Chain Design and Implementation – customized lane level SOP management with exception management
- IT Platform ’LifeTrack’ – specifically designed for the Life Science industry
- Visibility and Monitoring – end-to-end and in real time, 24/7/365 temperature, humidity, shock and light monitoring using Container Security Devices
DHL Ocean Reefer LogisticsKeeping Cargo Cool and Safe
Designed to ship sensitive cargo such as perishables, pharmaceutical items, chemicals, fresh fruits, fish, chocolate, ice cream or poultry requires temperature and humidity control during transportation.
- Use of environment-friendly refrigerants
- High-quality cooling machinery
- Temperature control through built-in micro processor
- High-tech, Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-free insulation ensures minimum heat leakage
- Adjustable fresh air exchange
- Dehumidification range from 65% to 95% maximum relative humidity
Cool news, straight to your inbox. Stay informed on the trends that affect the market, from carrier and equipment capacity to freight rates, trade by trade.
Sign up today to receive the latest Ocean Reefer Market Updates directly in your inbox.
Specialist Temperature-Controlled Service Options
DHL Ocean Secure uses container security devices that utilize mobile GSM networks to communicate and provide visibility on an online platform. It is a service element of DHL Ocean Direct FCL, providing visibility, security and flexibility to assure a reliable door-to-door shipment, improving transparency across trade lanes.
- In-transit visibility: Monitoring of mission critical parameters and notification of remote users in case of exception
- Container position: Tracking of whereabouts of the container during the trip through GSM and/or GPS
- Container condition: Monitoring of several parameters for the container: temperature, humidity, light
- Container integrity & security: Monitoring of container door opening with notification by e-mail, SMS or call
- Container security devices mounted to the container to monitor the location and condition of cargo
- Communication networks to transmit data from device/container to remote users via GSM
- Visibility platform to track shipments close to real time and manage situations