BANGLADESH BUSINESS AWARDS
Our Business Leaders have come a long way and they need due recognition for their contribution in the economy. There are numerous areas in which our business leaders, through their creativity, entrepreneurship, insightful and timely decisions, hard work and good management have set up successful business ventures that have generated employment for our workers and profit for our entrepreneurs. With the view of recognizing the business leaders for their outstanding contribution in economy and the society, DHL and Daily Star have launched the Bangladesh Business Awards to inspire and motivate the business fraternity. Through this award, we hope to create an environment of excellence and competitiveness which will drive the members of our business community to achieve greater heights of productivity. Till to date, BBA journey has observed 18 such award ceremonies. Bangladesh Business Awards (BBA) is the flagship Brand Building event of DHL Express Bangladesh which ensured Top of Mind brand awareness within the business community.
Objectives of Bangladesh Business Awards:
- To acknowledge publicly the vital contributions made by companies and individuals to Bangladesh business.
- To create an environment which will encourage, sustain the entrepreneurial spirit and enhance standards of corporate management in Bangladesh.
- To illustrate the depth of talent that exists in the country by high-lighting nominees Success stories.
- To enable the organizers, The Daily Star and DHL, to fulfill their responsibilities as good corporate citizens.
Categories: Four awards comprise the Bangladesh Business Awards on regular basis. Below are the list:
- Business Person of the Year award is presented to the most deserving individual for outstanding corporate success. The candidate must possess integrity, management skills, leadership qualities and business and financial acumen.
- Outstanding Woman in Business award goes to the most deserving woman in business or profession who has made an outstanding contribution to her company and profession. She can also be considered a role model.
- Enterprise of the Year award is presented to the most deserving small or medium size company that has distinguished itself through entrepreneurial spirit and innovations.
- Best Financial Institution of the Year award goes to the most deserving financial institution like banks, insurance and leasing companies for its distinguished performance.
Sometimes, a special category such as lifetime achievement award is given on need basis. A new category has been initiated for the 19th Business Award as per the felt need from the business community. No one got any award on this category as this is a fresh call for the Next BBA event.
- Young Business Person of the Year is a new category which is focused on start-ups or young entrepreneurs who have ventured into different business. The nominee should be maximum 35 years of age and should have around 4 year business experience. The nominee has to be a fresh business person who started something of his or her own, not as a successor of any family run business.