Your Global Consumer Logistics Partner
A global network strategically positioned and developed to meet the needs of Consumer customers. Visibility management systems, enabling you to efficiently control your PO/vendor management down to the line item level.
What DHL can offer you?
- Consumer experts at your service, with in-depth knowledge of supply chain design, optimization and brokerage in over 200 countries
- Leverage our global infrastructure & network. Consumer facilities in more than 180 countries worldwide
- Reliability. Guaranteed capacity and flexibility on our Air, Ocean, Multimodal & Consolidation services, allowing you to maintain optimum control of your inventory
- Solutions for temperature sensitive shipments & IMO regulated marine transportation of dangerous goods
What We Do For The Consumer Sector
We offer specialized transportation to a wide range of customers across the wine and spirits industry. Our relationship with Giorgio Gori provides us with a network of staff and equipment, secure and optimized warehousing, advanced IT technology and fast, protected and certified transport procedures. This ensures a seamless flow from the bottling line to the consumer’s table.
- Owned offices and warehouses in the major wine and spirit producing countries
- Specialized teams in all consumer markets
- Operating flexibility
- Worldwide wine and spirits competence centers
- A network of specialists, managing and handling the products with dedicated protective measures
Our full range of services ensures the optimum conditions and proper compliance for perishables such as flowers, fruit, vegetables, cheese, sausages, fresh meat and fish across the supply chain.
Services include document preparation and customs formalities, prioritized space for perishable cargo on vessels and airplanes, as well as prioritized handling at ports of origin and destination. The control of temperature, quantity and damages, sanitary inspections and quality checks are standard features.
- Premium logistics service using best-in-class transportation technology
- Fast transit and turnaround times, as well as a wide portfolio of service packages tailored to the Customer’s specific needs
- Cargo – on a door-to-door basis
- Total system visibility (tracking and tracing)
- The inclusion of the Customer’s perishable cargo in a complete volume planning program, handled by our preferred shipping companies
- Customs brokerage services
Our offer transportation of your cargo predominately via air mode. Working with carefully selected carriers, we operate with schedules on all the world’s major routes so you can plan with certainty and become more efficient. We offer a range of highly flexible products which allow a choice of delivery speeds to best suit your requirements.
Our offer transportation of your cargo predominately via ocean mode. With our broad product range we cover different equipment types and consolidation services to ensure your cargo reaches the right place, at the right time in a cost-efficient way. In order to deliver highest reliability we have planned space protection from every major container port in the world.
Our broad range of customs brokerage services ensure a smooth and on-time border crossing of shipments, without administrative burden, delays or penalties.
We take the complexity out of customs.
- A broad portfolio of customs services including:
- Import and Export
- Declaration Filing
- Security Filing
- Duties & Taxes
- Other Government
- Agency Services
- In-Transit Movement
- Permits and Licensing
- Application services
- Additional Services
- Present in over 200 countries worldwide
- Processing more than 7 million customs entries per year
- Dedicated team of customs experts
- Global, regional and country teams to ensure operational consistency and compliant trade activities
- Operated in accordance with governance structure, code of conduct and compliance standards
- Strong relationships with government customs and security authorities
- Superior level of service delivery globally, utilizing the latest customs clearance technologies
- A broad portfolio of customs services including:
Take your business to the next level of success using DHL’s strategic logistics specialists to optimize your supply chain model and its performance. You will increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, lessen environmental impacts and improve profitability by leveraging our deep knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Network flow and supply chain process analysis
- Re-engineering and developing optimized supply chains
- Supply chain health checks and benchmarking
- Supply chain strategy, set-up and governance
- Lean transformation
- Greener supply chains
Linking the origin supply chain with the destination market requirements, we provide increased cost effectiveness and efficiency with complete visibility and control through a single point of contact. The solution includes origin, freight and destination management services provided across all modes.
- One single point of contact through a dedicated account management and development resource
- Supply chain design, implementation and management
- Operates over 300,000 square meters of warehouse in key sourcing origins (e.g. Asia locations) providing consolidation, value add and regional hub services
- Services linked through powerful IT visibility systems (GT Nexus Platform), providing purchase order, supplier, carrier and destination management with full reporting
- Supply chain service level agreement and key performance indicators