ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SERVICES
From International Shipping terminology to Dangerous Goods, we may use a lot of terms you are not familiar with so here are some simple definitions and guides to help you out.
Shipping charges for DHL eCommerce shipments are calculated based on the greater of dimensional and actual weight, referred to as Chargeable Weight. This is applicable to all International products and services.
There are weight and size limitations with our shipping products as we are depending on the postal network for final delivery.
DHL eCommerce Toolkit
This toolkit provides you with key information and know-how regarding our shipping services and solutions. It can get you up and running in no time to be able to use our service every day!
Topics covered include:
- How to pack shipments
- Typical transit times
- Zone guide map and list
- Overviews of prohibited goods and restricted goods
General Terms and Conditions
Please find the DHL eCommerce General Terms and Conditions for Australia as PDF download below.
Prohibited & Restricted Goods
Did you know that nail polish, hair sprays and perfumes can be classified as dangerous goods and therefore are prohibited for international airfreight? If you are thinking of sending such commodities, please seek advice from us. If the goods are hidden, declared incorrectly, completely undeclared, packed or labelled incorrectly, health and safety is compromised and fines may apply.
Prohibited – Goods You Are Not Allowed to Send
- Animals (including insects, hatching eggs)
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Drugs and narcotics (illegal)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition (including replicas)
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Irreplaceable items
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Any item(s), the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or state of any federal, state or local government to or through which the shipment may be carried.
Restricted – Goods That Can Be Sent but With Restrictions
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g. beer, wine, spirits)
- Animal products, plant products and plants (e.g. animal skins, cotton, seeds, teas)
- Antiques or Fine Art or Works of Art
- Collectibles and/or rare items (any item worth more than its original purchase or that is not commonly available)
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foreign lotteries (including circulars)
- Fur(s)/ivory/endangered animal products
- Industrial diamonds/carbons
- Medical samples
- Milk powder
- Negotiable instruments in Non-bearer Form
- Perishable items (e.g. flowers, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling)
- Precious metals and stones (including jewelry)
- Publications (certain types may be restricted by law)
- Soil, earth
- Watches, costume jewelry
- Any aerosols, including: hair spray and deodorants
- Air bag inflators and modules or seat-belt pretensioners
- Alcoholic beverages containing > 24% alcohol by volume
- Batteries classified as dangerous such as wet spillable/non spillable lead-acid/alkaline batteries
- Batteries/cells including: lithium-ion/polymer/metal – alone and in or with electronic devices
- Carbon dioxide, solid (Dry Ice)
- Corrosives such as: acids, corrosive paint and dyes, rust removers
- Environmental waste including: used engine oil and used or damaged batteries
- Explosives or ammunition such as: fireworks, flares and sparklers
- Flammable liquids such as: acetone, lighter fluid, solvent based paints
- Flammable solids including: magnesium and potassium
- Gases including: flammable, non flammable, compressed and toxic gases such as fire extinguishers and scuba tanks
- Infectious and/or biological substances expected to contain pathogens or other agents such as: bacteria, viruses, parasites, prions
- Matches, lighters or lighter refills including: cigarette lighters containing petrol and butane lighters
- Oxidizing materials or organic peroxides such as disinfectants and hair dyes
- Pesticides, toxic herbicides and insecticides or poisons toxic substances
Our Additional Services
Cash on Delivery (COD) is available as a value-added service of the DHL Parcel International Direct product, specifically for sellers based in China and Australia delivering to consumers in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. Collected cash will be remitted to a local bank account at destination (Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam) or in the billing country (China or Australia) based on the local destination currency. Remittance will be made to sellers within 3 days and tracking visibility of the status of COD is available on the Customer Web Portal.
If a natural disaster or other unforeseen event occurs that could affect your shipment delivery, we can inform you in a variety of ways. In your Customer Web portal account you can find service disruption information by continent as well.
DHL eCommerce Shipment Value Protection provides peace of mind to you and your customer, with increased coverage of the declared value up to a maximum of AUD$150 for DHL Packet Plus International and up to a maximum of AUD$300 for DHL Parcel products. This makes it easy to protect yourself against loss or damage to goods while they are in transit.