DHL Freight: Status International Parcels: DHL Parcel Connect and DHL Paket Export
Most countries affected by the corona virus have introduced various measures to minimize the spread of infection. The pandemic situation is considered Force Majeure, and affect our deliveries of export parcels to the Nordics and Europe in varying degrees. See below info for details on country level.
COVID-19 in combination with increasing volumes
Despite preparations the COVID-19 situation in combination with increasing volumes will have consequences on several countries in Europe. Delays and returns are to be expected for parcels to the continent and Denmark. The situation in Finland and Norway is more stable.
- All inbound flows to Great Britain has stopped, also affecting parcels to Ireland: Due to fears of spreading the new variant of COVID-19 all inbound traffic has stopped today the 21st of December. This also affects the parcels to Ireland which are normally transported through Great Britain. The parcels that has not yet crossed the border will be sent in return to the sender.
- Brexit: The last day of booking and pick-up of Parcel Connect to GB was Friday the 18th of December, and will open again after the New-year weekend. Returns will be made due to the closing and the difficult situation in Great Britain.
- Denmark: Parcel shop deliveries are affected by restrictions and lock-down and will cause delays and re-routings. Our local partner is doing all in its’ power to deliver the parcels.
- Germany. Despite rigorous measurements and increase in capacity the lock-down from the 16th of December will have large impact. Unsuccessful doorstep deliveries will be returned due to the lock-down and the closing of shops and stores. Also affects countries with transit via Germany.
- Immediate size restriction action in Germany for several countries is ended and will only apply for bulky parcels.
- Capacity issues in Austria and Netherlands has been solved.
COVID-19 restrictions – Choose Doorstep delivery
Due to various restrictions and measures in different countries Parcel shop deliveries might be negatively affected. We strongly recommend to send parcels to doorstep address where possible. Unsuccessful deliveries that normally is rerouted to Parcel Shop will be returned more frequently.
Changed delivery routines
Just as in Sweden, new routines are introduced at delivery signatures to minimize the risk of transmission. The routines differ between different countries, but everyone within the network does its utmost to make the delivery work in the best possible way.
We update the information continuously.