DHL AND THE SWEDISH WOMEN'S HOCKEY LEAGUE, A LONG-TERM INVESTMENT.
For us at DHL, the Swedish women's hockey league's sponsorship consists of significantly more than just money.
Since the season 19/20, we have implemented several initiatives that will help the league take steps forward.
“For us, it has always been important to be a committed main sponsor who is constantly working to grow the girls’ and women’s hockey,” says Mikael Stange, Marketing Manager at DHL E-Commerce Sweden.
SDHL Coach is the largest investment that DHL has made during its sponsorship of SDHL.
- This is another step on the way to create more female hockey role models so that more girls will continue to play hockey longer and thus contribute to a bright future for Swedish women's hockey and SDHL, says Mikael Stange.
In addition to SDHL Coach, DHL has implemented several initiatives during its time as the main sponsor:
- Three kronor for each privately sold parcels goes, since the sponsorship began, directly to the league.
- Been behind everything from project management, content, and development work around the SDHL webshop where all revenue - not just the profit - goes to the next generation of women's hockey stars.
- A big campaign in 2020 to attract a bigger audience to the playoffs.
- The nomination of "Delivery of the month" (Månadens assist) to the best-performed assist.
- The establishment of a scholarship for the winner of the assist league.
- SDHL has also had full access to DHL's logistics services.
- Our ambition has always been to contribute to an equality between genders in “sports-Sweden”, simultaneously as we also – of course - have business reasons with this sponsorship. We are very proud of the work we have done together with SDHL so far, and look forward to seeing women's hockey take new significant steps forward, says Mikael Stange.