There are goods that may not be transported for safety or legal reasons. The following items and items are not allowed to ship:
- Dangerous goods including dangerous goods in limited and reduced quantities*
- Mobile phones, tablets, laptops and other electronic equipment containing lithium batteries
- All types of tobacco including snus
- Alcoholic beverages
- All forms of classified drugs, prescription, as well as non-prescription
- Narcotics and drugs
- Wheels and tyres of motor vehicles
- Goods requiring special conditions (e.g. temperature-controlled environments)
- Items liable to harm people or other property
- Packages whose contents exceed a gross value of 5000 SEK per shipment
- Live or dead animals and insects
- Gold, silver, valuable jewelry and watches
- Precious metals, precious stones, industrial diamonds
- Currencies, cash, coins, banknotes, securities, passports, other marketable documents or valid value documents
- Credit or debit cards
- All forms of weapons, imitation weapons, including air weapons and soft air guns
- Human remains including ashes
- Live plants, perishable products
- Priceless items, antiques, art, collectibles
- Pornographic material
- Pirated copies and counterfeits
- Illegal goods such as ivory, fur and endangered animal products
* The consignor is legally obliged to ensure that the goods to be sent are not classified as dangerous goods under the regulations for dangerous goods (ADR road, IMDG CODE lake, IATA DGR flight and RID rail).
What is dangerous goods:
Dangerous goods are substances and objects which, due to their chemical or physical properties, may cause damage to life, health, the environment or property during transport. Dangerous goods may, for example, have explosive, flammable, toxic, infectious, corrosive or environmentally hazardous properties.
Examples of dangerous goods are:
Gasoline, diesel, fireworks, batteries of various kinds with acid or lithium, all kinds of spray cans with propellant (hairspray, spray paint, lubricant, etc.), detergents, paint, ammunition, glue, perfume, cigarette lighters, matches, and various types of alcohols.
Keep in mind that electronic devices such as tools, computers, mobile phones, and tablets often contain lithium batteries or have lithium batteries in the packaging.
Dangerous goods do not limit to the above examples. Other goods may also be prohibited from sending. More information and detailed descriptions of dangerous goods can be found at www.msbmyndigheten.se And www.transportstyrelsen.se.
Keep in mind that you as a sender are always responsible and must be sure that you do not send anything that violates any laws or regulations. DHL is not responsible for packages with prohibited content.
DHL reserves the right to stop packages, open and examine the shipment without prior notice to the sender, in accordance with the company's general regulations. DHL decides whether the goods can be transported safely and legally.