Tailor your transports to your company and your customers' needs
Whatever the size of your business or the size off your consignment – from a small parcel to larger PTL/FTL shipments and more – we can help you. Our value added services make it easy to quickly and smoothly adapt our transport solutions to the needs of your business.
DHL Cargo InsuranceComprehensive Cargo Insurance
- “All-risks” insurance with comprehensive coverage
- Provided by one of the world’s largest insurers
- Single or multiple shipment coverage
DHL Cargo Insurance provides peace of mind and protection to DHL’s customers, in return for a premium.
During transportation by DHL and in case of an incident, it covers the freight value & transportation cost against physical loss or damage from any external cause.
- “All-risks” insurance with comprehensive coverage that’s broader than the industry standard
- Competitive rates with no deductibles
- Freight and insurance billing on a single invoice
- Cover for high risk cargo and worldwide destinations including high risk locations
- We target a maximum 30 day claim resolution, quicker than other insurers
- Your claim is handled locally with personnel who speak the local language, and can settle in local currency
Trust in Us for Peace of Mind
4 reasons to choose DHL Cargo Insurance
No matter who is responsible for loss or damage, a carriers statutory liability usually only covers parts of a customer claim. Some cargo insurance policies may only offer limited coverage. All of this means you should insure your shipments with DHL Cargo Insurance. This will give you worldwide insurance coverage or the full value of your goods, regardless of the mode of transportation. Even if we have no statutory liability, in cases like Acts of God (force majeure) or theft or accidents caused by third parties, DHL Cargo Insurance will respond.
Peace of mind without red tape: Just one contract can give you insurance coverage for all the goods you send with DHL Freight. Based on the agreed terms and conditions and the documented value of the goods, we calculate the insurance premium for each of your shipments and charge the premium together with the freight.
In the event of a claim, you can count on prompt handling. We will process your claim within one month and even quicker if the notification is made on time and the documentation is complete. So you can quickly get back to focusing on your day-to-day business, fast.
The few coverage limitations - such as in the case of insufficient packaging - of the DHL Cargo Insurance, are clearly defined. This means no any unpleasant surprises for you in the event of a claim.
Discover the latest stories of DHL’s road freight and customs experts.