DHL Åkeri is a workplace that is located all over Sweden - with trucks rolling from Trelleborg in the south to Kiruna in the north.
- With us, the drivers get a secure job and become part of the global logistics company - at the same time as we have the local haulage feeling, says Johan Halvarsson, haulier for DHL Åkeri.
DHL is one of the world's leading logistics companies with 600,000 employees in over 220 countries. DHL Åkeri in Sweden is part of DHL Freight and the global DPDHL Group.
- We at DHL Åkeri employ about 200 drivers and we are located in 16 locations around the country, says Johan Halvarsson.
He describes the workplace as safe and stable, with the global and successful company behind it - and the personal and local haulage experience in each location.
- As a driver, you have a local supervisor you can always turn to and who is always on hand. Of course, we have collective agreements and benefits as wellness grants.
In 2021, DHL globally also distributed bonuses to employees as a result of the company's good results.
Works weekdays with a fixed schedule
One of the main advantages of the DHL Åkeri workplace is the fixed working hours, Johan Halvarsson thinks.
- It will be easy to plan and combine the job as a driver with privacy. You work according to a fixed schedule: In most schedules, either ten hours a day four weekdays a week - or eight hours a day Monday-Friday. The same applies to the drivers who drive at night. We only work in exceptional cases on weekends or red days.
Pride among employees
The haulage company is run as a traditional line haulage company with lines from Trelleborg in the south to Kiruna in the north. The more than 100 trucks and 120 trailers that the haulier has at his disposal transport bulk goods from sender to recipient, but also drive general cargo between DHL Freight's terminals.
- The haulier's traffic manager, together with DHL Freight's five traffic offices, solves the logistical puzzle every day. DHL Freight has high goals and that these are achieved is monitored on an ongoing basis. Johan Halvarsson thinks that there is a genuine pride among the employees over the assignment - and a good community in the offices:
- Many drivers have a cup of coffee together in the morning or evening before they start their work shift. We sometimes arrange activities locally to build team spirit, or playful competitions between the towns - for example in economical and energy-efficient driving.
Apply for a job at DHL Åkeri
We are currently looking for a number of new employees for several of our terminals across the country. We are mainly looking for day pilots, night change drivers and remote drivers. If you are interested and have a CE driving license and a valid YKB, you are welcome to apply via the button below. ADR, truck and the habit of handling goods are meritorious.
Sustainable vehicle fleet
The haulier has a modern vehicle fleet and has come a long way in its environmental work.
- Today, 10 percent of the trucks are powered by biogas and 30 percent of our vehicle fleet is fossil-free.
DHL Åkeri was also the first in the world to put a 60-tonne electric truck into daily traffic in 2021. The quiet electric heavy truck rolls between Jönköping and Gothenburg, in collaboration with Volvo.
Available in 16 locations
Today, DHL Åkeri is represented in Luleå, Skellefteå, Umeå, Ullånger, Sundsvall, Gävle, Borlänge, Uppsala, Västberga, Eskilstuna, Norrköping, Gothenburg, Jönköping, Hässleholm, Helsingborg and Malmö.