On Demand Delivery (ODD) is a free service offered by DHL Express in over 150 countries and 45 languages that makes receiving international shipments easy. With ODD, your customers will have the option to choose between 6 alternative delivery options if they can’t receive their package during its regular delivery, and they’ll be notified of its status every step of the way.
SERVICEPOINT OR LOCKER
They can choose to collect their parcel at any DHL Service Point
LEAVE IN A SAFE PLACE
They can have shipments delivered without a signature
CHANGE DELIVERY DATE
They can select the delivery date that works best
LEAVE WITH A NEIGHBOR, CONCIERGE OR GUARD
They can leave shipments with an appointed person
They can redirect a shipment to a different address.
We’ll keep their shipment safe while they’re on vacation
With flexible delivery options, first-time shipments are more successful. That means fewer missed shipments and fewer customers calling to ask, “Where’s my package?” The result is greater customer satisfaction. 58% of global customers prefer websites with flexible delivery options, and report greater loyalty due to the convenience offered by ODD.
1. Create your DHL Express shipment using your DHL Account or with a partner integration.
Don’t have an account? Apply for one and save up to 35%.
2. Provide the customer’s mobile number and e-mail when creating a DHL shipping label.
3. ODD will automatically be activated to alert the recipient. They’ll get a text message or email with the estimated delivery date and a link to ODD, where they can select one of the alternative delivery options if they can’t receive the shipment on the estimated delivery date.
4. After the receiver submits a delivery option change, ODD informs the DHL Express operations team of the requested delivery instructions,
5. Your customers will receive shipment alerts every step of the way until the package is in their hands.
Note: Not all shipments have ODD options.
Take control of your shipment delivery here.