Sustainability is front and centre of both business and consumer decisions in 2022.
- 99% of business leaders consider sustainability efforts and the reputation of companies when making decisions on behalf of their business1
- Outside the office, 98% of executives consider brand reputations when making personal purchase decisions2
- Protecting the environment is ranked as the top personal concern among Gen Z adults worldwide3
We published our Sustainability Report in 2021, reassuring our customers and the world that we're doing everything we can to deliver responsibly. Here, we cover a few of the document's claims, aims and integral points.
You can find the full document here
- Electrify 60% of our last-mile delivery vehicles by 2030
- Reduce fuel consumption through permanent network improvements
- Support development and market availability of hydrogen and electric trucks
- Provide green transport solutions for sub-contractors
- Enable employee contribution through eco friendly driving programs
“There is no way around sustainable logistics in the future,” says Frank Appel, CEO of DHL Group. “We are deciding today what kind of world we want our children to live in 30 years from now. Our aspiration is to make a substantial contribution to ensure that this will be an even better world.”
- Increasing women in management to 30%
- Regular safety training provided to each employee
- Offering employees and managers special diversity and inclusion training
- Continue to encourage the use of employee committees, work councils, unions and other committees to best represent the interests of our workforce
Dr Thomas Ogilvie, DHL's Head of Human Resources, says: "We can only live up to our purpose of connecting people and improving lives with motivated, engaged employees. Providing a safe, inclusive, and purpose-driven workplace and equal opportunities for over half a million people is the key to excellent service and customer satisfaction."
We're asking our suppliers to share our commitment to the environment; we're training our staff in acting responsibly both in and outside of work; and we'll be constantly searching for new ways to enhance our sustainable products and practices.
Melanie Kreis, DHL's Head of Finance, says: Operating in 220 countries and territories means a huge responsibility for compliance. Our aspiration is to be a role model in how logistics is done around the world. Managers and employees can lead by example by exercising due care always and everywhere.
This is by no means the full extent of DHL's commitment to a healthier planet and healthier people. If you'd like to learn more about our other aims, please visit: https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/about-us/sustainability.html
OPEN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT
It’s good to talk! Arrange a call back with our team of eCommerce experts to find out how we can help you grow your business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so tell us your goals and aspirations and we’ll work with you to find the perfect solution for your needs.
(For parcel delivery or other customer service questions, you’ll find answers and contact details in our help centre.)