DHL SERVICEPOINT RETURNS - FAQs
Need some help? Our most frequently asked questions are available to support you.
DHL Parcel UK has a network of thousands of ServicePoints across the UK delivering convenient parcel options to consumers. We utilise the PayPoint retailer network with shops open daily from 8am until late seven days a week.
DHL ServicePoints are generally open from 8am until late 7 days a week. You can check this by searching and finding your preferred DHL ServicePoint on our parcel shop finder page and this will show you the open and close times as well as accessibility.
Please note that the information is subject change particularly on public holidays.
Parcels should be packed well enough to be transported safely across long distances, potentially being passed through a range of vehicles and warehouses depending on where your parcel is being returned to.
Use a sturdy cardboard box to prevent any damage to the goods inside. If the items inside are fragile, make sure they are wrapped separately. Fill any spaces in the box with polystyrene chips. Seal any openings of the box with layers of tape to ensure the box does not open.
Yes, the parcel should be no heavier than 20 kg and no bigger than 120 x 90 x 60 cm. The DHL ServicePoint are unable to accept parcels which exceed this weight and dimensions.
No shipment will be accepted for carriage which contains:
- Animals, animal parts, livestock and insects
- Cashiers or travellers cheques
- Cigarettes (tobacco and tobacco products)
- Credit or debit card
- Firearms (including replicas & imitations)
- Imitation weaponry
- Important documents (passports, tenders, share & option certificates)
- Jewellery or valuable items of wear (including occasional items of wear, designer items such as clothing, watches, shoes & handbags)
- Money orders
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form
- Precious stones or metals
- Radioactive material
- Unprotected furniture
- Weapons, explosives and munitions
Our transit system is not suitable for carrying shipments containing:
- Televisions or other electronic graphical display systems (with screen size exceeding 37 inches)
- Works of art (or similar materials)
- Items which are made from, or consist of rock (whether igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary or otherwise)
We accept no liability for damage caused to the same.
Unless agreed in writing we will not cover shipments containing:
- Alcoholic beverages
An item perceived as having value because of its aesthetic or historical significance. An antique is an item that is collected or desirable because of its age, beauty, rarity, condition, utility, personal emotional connection, and/or other unique features. It is an object that can represent a previous era or time period in human history
The DHL ServicePoint will keep your parcel secure for the local DHL Parcel UK driver to collect on the next available working day.
When you take your parcel to your local DHL ServicePoint it will be scanned along with the email barcode that you will have received or the returns label which you have put on the parcel securely. A receipt will be emailed to the email address already provided along with the tracking number.
Once we have collected your parcel from the DHL ServicePoint it will typically take 2 working days for the retailer to receive your parcel.
Please refer to your retailer refund policy for more information or contact them direct.
If you have a query after you have handed over your parcel please contact your retailer.